A thesis consists of several sections which all contribute to the uniqueness of such a paper. The thesis acknowledgement part is one of these which strikes some students off balance. However, if you are one of the students who feel intimidated at the sight of dissertation acknowledgements, this article brings you good news!
What Is a Thesis Acknowledgement?
Thesis acknowledgement is the part where the author thanks all those who helped him in the success of the thesis. These dissertation acknowledgements go beyond the personal thanks to the professional ones.
Do you remember the kind of speeches that people give at graduation or thanksgiving ceremonies? Where you hear someone saying ‘I would like to thank my parents for their maximum support and my tutors for their professional guidance.’ That is an example of an acknowledgement, only that this has a particular structure.
The acknowledgement section of thesis precedes the abstract chapter and after the title page. It is one of the shortest areas of a thesis with not more than one page of length. The thesis acknowledgements should be:
- In a more informal style
- Written in the first-person perspective
Below is a more candid discussion of the acknowledgement thesis chapter with the best tips on how to write acknowledgements for thesis. Hold in there.
How To Write Acknowledgement For Thesis
Writing an acknowledgement for a thesis is one of the most straightforward tasks that does not need any special skills. All you need are the necessary writing skills and our professional touch to come up with a top-quality acknowledgement section.
The secret to a great acknowledgement is knowing how it is done. Since it is a section that calls for utmost sincerity, your aim should be to thank only those who helped make the project a success. To achieve this, you need to:
- Identify the individual persons who assisted you with your research
- Specify the contribution of each individual
- Do not feel shy about mentioning anyone or everyone who helped you
- Use the available acknowledgements examples to better your format and structure
- Consult with your supervisor on any part that is not clear
You can know how to write acknowledgements in a blink of an eye. Here is an acknowledgement sample for thesis by one of our best thesis helpers:
“I am grateful to my primary supervisor, Prof. Richard Dickens, who guided me throughout this project. I wish to express my sincere gratitude to my family and friends who chipped in to support me physically, psychologically, and financially.”
The categories of people to thank will include your:
- The staff,
- Family and friends
Below is a sample of how to write acknowledgements for a thesis in a case where you are thanking your supervisor:
“I wish to extend my sincere gratitude to my supervisor, Professor Peter Haul, who has the mind of a guru. He patiently instructed and encouraged me to think big and not to give up when all seemed not to be working out. Without his golden assistance, the goal of this project would never have been realized.”
When you are thanking the support staff, here is an example of acknowledgement in the thesis:
“The scientific and technical support of the lab technicians at Hopkins Science lab cannot go without mention. Their insightful remarks and constant help with my experiments made this project attain its goal.”
Best Acknowledgement for Thesis – Common Phrases
By reading a variety of dissertation acknowledgements examples, you will be able to identify top-notch phrases to spice up this section. Below are some of these phrases from our best thesis helpers:
- “I would like to sincerely pay my special regards to …”
- “I wish to acknowledge my …”
- “My deepest gratitude goes to my …”
- “A big thank you to everyone whose assistance was a major milestone to the completion of this research project.”
- “I am eternally indebted to …”
- “I appreciate the concerted efforts of all contributed towards the success of this study.”
- “I would like to mention the invaluable support that you all accorded me during my study.”
Without a doubt, your thesis is headed for greatness with these expert phrases.
Pro-Tips For Quality Dissertation Acknowledgements
There is always that one secret ingredient that makes a meal stand out from the rest. We have compiled a list of six professional tips to make your thesis acknowledgement section shine:
- Make it brief and concise as possible.
- Stick to your institution’s writing format
- Focus on the key people who had a significant impact on your study
- Avoid using titles but instead, specify the individual with his specific contribution.
- Write it in the first person, singular or plural.
- Avoid getting too personal (it is not a dedication section!)
- Mention the people in a hierarchical order
- Use formal language
- Follow the alphabetical order when listing names of people.
- Ensure that it comes after the title page
With that, I believe that you are now in a position to write an acknowledge section that can be used by a top university as a case study.
Frequently Asked Questions About Thesis Acknowledgement
- How many people should I thank?
- Can I use a thesis writing service?
- How long should each acknowledgement be?
The number of people to thank is not cast on stone. However, you have to consider the relevance and critical role played by the people before including them in this section.
If you feel that additional assistance would go a long way in improving your paper, then there is nothing holding you.
Depending on the contribution of each individual, some acknowledgements may be longer than others. That is not to say that you should give a whole paragraph of ten sentences to one individual while three sentences to another. No! Strike a balance between all the people to have a uniform paragraph structure.
A sparkling thesis acknowledgement section will not only light up your paper but also warm the heart of the professor marking your essay. So strive to make it shine.
We offer top-tier help with thesis papers of all levels. Hit us up today for a timely, top-grade piece.