Every student studying something related to biology — botany, marine, animal, medicine, molecular or physical biology, is in an interesting field. It’s a subject that explores how animate and inanimate objects relate to themselves. The field unveils the past, the present, and what lies in the future of the relationship between the living and nonliving things.
This is precisely why you need custom and quality biology topics for your college and university essay or project. It’ll make it easy to brainstorm, research, and get to writing straight away. Before the deep dive, what is biology?
What Is Biology?
Everyone knows it’s the scientific study of life, but beyond that, biology facilitates the comprehension of living and nonliving things. It’s a branch that explores their anatomy, behavior, distribution, morphology, and physiology.
For example, it understands how genes are classified and constituted into generations. It encompasses various branches, including botany, medicine, genetics, ecology, marine biology, zoology, and molecular biology.
Here are what some of these mean:
- Botany: This study of plants examines their structure, physiology, ecology, economic importance, and distribution, among others. It also deals with their biochemical processes, properties, and social interactions between plants. It extends to how plants are vital for human life, survival, and growth and how they play a significant role in stabilizing environmental health.
- Zoology: Zoology studies animal behavior, brain, structure, physiology, class, and distribution. It’s the general study of the lives of both living and extinct animals. It explains animal classification, the animal kingdom, evolution, habitat, embryology, and life span.
- Physiology: Physiology deals with the daily functions of the human body: How it works and the factors that make it work. It examines molecular behavior, the chemistry and physics behind locomotion, and how the cells in the living organisms’ body function. It helps understand how humans and animals get sick and what can be done to alleviate pain.
- Microbiology: Dealing with microorganisms, it examined how viruses, algae, fungi, bacteria, protozoa, and slime molds become parts of human life. They’re regarded as microbes, which play substantial roles in the human biochemical processes, including climate change, biodegradation, biodeterioration, food spoilage, biotech, and epidemiology.
- Marine Biology: This is the scientific study of organs in the sea. It understands their family classification, how they survive, and what makes wild marine animals different from domesticated and consumable ones. It also explores their interaction with the environment through several processes. The marine biologist studies marines in their natural environment, collects data on their characteristics, human impact on their living, and how they relate with themselves.
Now that you know all these, here are some custom biology topics to research for your university or college essay and paper.
Controversial Biology Topics
There are many controversial subjects in every field, and biology isn’t exempt from controversy. If you’d like to create an original essay through diverse opinions, here are biology topics for you:
- What are your thoughts on the post-Roe V Wade world?
- How can the post-Roe V Wade policy affect developing countries looking up to America for their laws?
- Abortion and feminism: discuss
- Does saving life justify cloning?
- Explain the principle of abortion in medical practice
- The effects of cloning in medicine
- How does genetics contribute to obesity?
- Explain why a parent could have Hepatitis B virus and only one of five offspring have the virus
- Is homosexuality really in the gene?
- How does depression correlate with genetics?
- Additives and how they affect the genes
- Examine how genetic mutations work
- Discuss the grounds that you could prove for legalizing human cloning
- Which is more immoral: Human or animal cloning?
- How is nanotechnology different from biotechnology?
- Discuss the manifestation of nanotechnology in science
- Explain three instances where public opinion has held back scientific inventions
- How does transgenic crop work?
- Would you say genetically modified food is safe for consumption?
- Explain why sexual abuse leads to trauma.
Biology Research Paper Topics
You’d need to write an extensive paper on biology one day. This could be when you’re in your final year in college or the university or submitting to a competition. You’d need Biology topics to research for brainstorming, and here are 30 of them:
- Stem cells and tissue formation processes
- Why are there different congenital disabilities?
- Mixtures in anticancer drugs?
- What are the complexities of existing HIV drugs?
- What is the contribution of chemotherapy to cancer?
- Examine the chemotherapy process and why it doesn’t work for some patients.
- Explain the origin of developmental diseases
- How do germs affect the cells?
- What are the consequences of the sun on the white person’s and black person’s skin?
- Why are some diseases treatable through drugs while some are not?
- Scientific lessons learned from COVID-19 and ideas to tackle the next virus
- If animals are carriers of the virus, what should be done to them?
- Examine five animals in extinction and what led to it
- Discuss the subject of endangered species and why people should care
- Is a plant-based diet sustainable for human health?
- Account for the consequence of living on Mars on human health
- Discuss the inconveniences involved in space travel
- How does space flight contribute to environmental disasters
- Discuss the emergence of leukemia
- Explain how the immune systems in humans work
- Evaluate the factors that weaken the immunological system
- What would you consider the deadliest virus?
- Autoimmune: what is it, origin and consequences
- Immune disorder: origin and how it affects the body
- Does stress affect the ability to have sex?
- Contribution of vaccine to eradicating disease: Discuss
- What are the complexities in taking the Hepatitis B vaccine while being positive?
- Allergies: why do humans have them?
- DNA modification: how does it work?
- Explain the misconceptions about the COVID-19 vaccines.
Interesting Biology Topics
Biology doesn’t have to be boring. Different aspects of biology could be fun to explore, especially if you’ve had a flair for the study since your elementary school classes.
You can either write an essay or paper with the following interesting biology research topics:
- Human emotions and conflicts with their intellectual intelligence
- Emotions: Its influence on art and music and how the perception of art influences the world
- The consequences of marijuana and alcohol on teenagers
- Compare and contrast how alcohol affects teenagers and adults
- Discuss the contributions of neuroscience to the subject of emotional pain
- Explain how the brain process speech
- Discuss the factors that cause autism
- Explain what is meant when people say humans are animals
- Why do scientists say humans are pessimists?
- Factors contributing to the dopamine levels human experience
- How does isolation affect the human brain?
- What factors contribute to instinctive responses?
- Noise pollution: how it affects living organisms
- Fire ecology: The contributions of plants to fire outbreak
- Explain the science behind how hot temperature, soil, and dry grass start a fire
- Microbes: what do you understand by bioremediation?
- Explain urban ecology and the challenges it pokes to solve
- Discuss how excessive internet usage affects the human memory
- Evaluate how conservation biology contributes to the extinction prevention efforts
- Discuss the role of satellites and drones in understanding the natural world
- Why do we need space travel and studies?
- Explain the limitations of limnology studies
- What are infectious-disease-causing agents all about?
- Discuss what epigenetics studies encompass
- Why is cancer research essential to the world?
- Discuss climate change: Governments are not interested, and there is no alternative
- How is behavioral science studies a core part of the understanding of the world?
- Discuss the issues with genetic engineering and why it’s a challenge
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in the arguments for a plant-based diet
- Create a survey amongst students of biology asking why they chose to study the course.
Biology Research Topics For College Students
If you find any of the above beyond your intellectual and Research capacity, here are some topics you can handle. You can use these for your essays, projects, quizzes, or competitions.
These custom yet popular biology research topics will examine famous personalities and other discourse in biology:
- Effects of the human hormone on the mind
- Why do men get erect even when they’re absentminded?
- How does women’s arousal work?
- How can melatonin be valuable for therapy?
- Risky behavior: Hormones responsible for the risk
- Stem and cloning: what is the latest research on the subject?
- Hormones: changes in pregnancy
- Why do pregnant women have an appetite for random and remote things?
- The role of physical activities in hormone development
- Examine the benefits and threats of transgenic crops
- The fight against COVID-19: assess current successes
- The fight against smallpox: assess current successes
- The fight against HIV: history, trends, and present research
- Discuss the future of prosthetic appliances
- Examine the research and the future of mind-controlled limbs
- What does cosmetic surgery mean, and why is it needed?
- Analyze the meaning and process of vascular surgery
- Discuss the debate around changes in genital organs for males and females in transgender bodies
- How do donors and organ transplants work?
- Account for the work of Dr. Malcom E Miller
- Discuss the contribution of Charles Darwin to human evolution
- Explain the trends in biomedicine
- Discuss the functions of x-rays in botany
- Assess the most efficient systems for wildlife preservation
- Examine how poverty contributes to climate hazards
- Discuss the process involved in plant metabolism
- The transformation of energy into a living thing: discuss
- Prevention for sexually transmitted disease: What are the misconceptions?
- Analyze how the human body reacts to poison
- Russian Poisoning: What are the lessons scientists must learn?
- COVID-19: Discuss the efforts by two or three governments to prevent the spread
- Discuss the contributions of Pfizer during the pandemic.
Marine Biology Research Topics
This subject explains orgasms in the sea, how they survive, and their interaction with their environment. If you have a flair for this field, the following Biology research topics may interest you:
- Discuss what quantitative ecology through modeling means
- Smallest diatoms and marine logistics: discuss
- How is the shark studied?
- Acidification of seas: Causes and consequences
- Discuss the concept of the immortality of Jellyfishes
- Discuss the differences between seawater and freshwater in marine study
- Account for some of the oldest marine species
- Discuss the evolution of the deep sea
- Explain whales’ communication techniques
- What does plankton ecology encompass?
- The importance of coral reefs to seawater
- Challenges that encompass geological oceanography
- How tourism affects natural animal habitat
- Discuss some instances of the domestication of wild marine animals
- Coastal zone: pros and cons of living in such areas
- How do sharks perceive enemies?
- Analyze why some animals can live in water but can’t live on land
- Explain how plants survive in the sea
- Compare and contrast the different two species of animals in the water
- How can marine energy be generated, stored, and used?
Molecular Biology Research Topics
Focusing on the construct of cells and analysis of their composition, it understands the alteration and maintenance of cellular processes. If you’d like to focus on molecular biology, here are 15 good biology research topics for you:
- Ethical considerations in molecular genetics
- Discuss the structure and component of the gene
- Examine the restrictions in DNA
- What are the peculiarities in modern nucleic acid analysis
- What goes into the Pharmaceutical production of drugs
- Evaluate the building blocks of life
- Discuss the systems of RNA translation to protein
- PCR: How DNA is tested and analyzed
- Why is prion disease so dangerous?
- Compare and contrast recessive genes vs. dominant genes
- Can there be damage to the human DNA, and can it be repaired?
- Constraints in the research of microarray data analysis
- Protein purification: How it evolves
- Objectives of nucleic acid
- Explain the structure of a prion.
Biology Research Topics For High School
Your teachers and professors will be awed if you create impeccable essays for your next report. You need to secure the best grades as you move closer to graduation, and brainstorming any of these popular biology research topics will help:
- Identify the most endangered species
- The challenges to animal extinction
- What are the things everyone should know about sea life?
- Discuss the history of genetics
- Explain the biological theory of Charles Darwin
- How did the lockdown affect social interaction?
- Why do some people refuse the vaccine?
- Origin of genetics
- What is animal hunting, and why is it fashionable
- Explain the evolution of a virus
- Role of lockdown in preventing deaths and illnesses
- Invasive species: What does it mean?
- Endangered animals: How do they survive in the face of their hazards?
- Lockdown and their role in reducing coronavirus transmission
- Vaccine distribution: Ideas for global distribution
- Why can viruses become less virulent?
- Discuss the evolution of the world
- Explain the evolution of the planet
- Explain what Elon Musk means when he says life on Mars is possible
- What does herd immunity mean?
- Flu: why is there a low incidence in 2020?
- Relationship between archaeology and biology
- Antiviral drug: What it means
- Factors leading to the evolution of humans
- Give instances of what natural selection means
- What is considered the dead branches of evolution
- Whale hunting: What it means and the present trends
- Who is Stephen Jay, and what is his role in paleontology?
- Origin of diseases: why must humans fall sick?
- Why are humans called higher animals?
Human Biology Research Topics
Human biology understands humans and their relationship between themselves and their environment. It also studies how the body works and the impediments to health. Here are some easy biology research topics to explore on the subject:
- How do gut bacteria affect the brain?
- What are the ethical concerns around organ transplants?
- The consequence of alcohol on the liver
- The consequences of extreme salt on the human body
- Why do humans need to deworm regularly?
- The relationship between obesity and genetics
- Genetically modified foods: Why are they needed?
- How sun exposure affects human skin
- Latest trends: Depression is hereditary
- Influence of music on the human brain
- What are the stages of lung cancer
- Forensic DNA: latest trends
- How visual consumptions affect how humans think
- What is the process that leads to pregnancy?
- Explain the role of nanotechnology in HIV research
- Discuss any experiment with stem cells you know about
- Explain how humans consume food
- Discuss the process of metabolism as well as its criticality to human health
- Explore the consistent challenges technology poses to human health
- Explain the process of body decay to a skeleton.
Cell Biology Research Topics
There are many evolutionary biology research paper topics formed not by the nomenclature but for what they stand for. Cell biology is one of the most complex branches of the field.
It examines minor units and the living organisms that make them up. The focus is on the relationship between the cytoplasm, membrane, and parts of the cell. Here are some topics to explore for your scientific dissertation writing:
- How does chromatin engage in the alterations of gene expression?
- What are the usual cell infections, and why does the body have immunity defections?
- Identify and account for the heritage of Robert Brown in his core career focus
- Explain the structure of the animal cell and why It’s what it is
- Identify the cells in the human body as well as their functions
- Explain a scenario and justify the context of animals photosynthesizing like plants
- Why do bacteria invade the body, and how do they do it?
- Why are mitochondria considered the powerhouse of the cell
- Use the molecular analysis tool to explain multicellular organisms
- Examine how the White blood cells fight disease
- What do you understand about the role of cell biology in the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
- What are the latest research methods in cell biology?
- Identify the characteristics of viruses and why they threaten human existence.
- Discuss the differences between DNA and RNA
- What part of the body is responsible for human functionality for as long as the individual wants?
Get Biology Research Help As Soon As Possible
Creating the best essays or papers is easier now that you have custom biology research topics. However, you may still need support writing your paper beyond these topic ideas. After all, the first stage of writing like experts is brainstorming ideas and researching which is most feasible to write about.
If you truly want to wow your professor or teacher but can’t afford to dedicate all the required time, here’s an alternative. You can hire writing helpers online for quality papers at a cheap price, and we can help with that. We are a team of writers with many years of writing experience for students in Europe and North America. You can even buy thesis online with us, as well as editing services.
Each paper is assigned to writers with expertise in a specific field. This enables them to provide in-depth analysis as your assignment requires. We’re based online, which means you won’t have issues with accessibility and availability. Just tell us what you need, and we will get it done.