Did you just get to the part where you have to write the discussion section of research paper? Most students don’t really know what this is, let alone write it. You shouldn’t be afraid to get some help with the discussion section of research paper. Our experienced writers have some of the best advice for you right here. In addition, we will show you where to get some good examples from and even give you a quick guide to writing the discussion section.
So, what goes in the discussion section of a research paper? How do you structure the discussion section of a research paper? Read on and find out everything you need to know about this difficult part of the essay.
What Is the Discussion Section Of Research Paper?
Let’s start with the beginning. What is a research paper discussion?
As you’ve probably already guessed it, it is a section of your research paper. The discussion should take an entire chapter and should have its own heading. The research paper discussion section is considered by most scholars to be the most important part of a paper. This is the place where you will discuss each and every one of your most important findings and put it into context.
It is the whole reason why you have spent days doing the research. Raw data has little meaning to most of your readers. This is where the discussion section comes into play.
Importance of the Discussion Section of a Research Paper
You absolutely need to have a discussion in research paper. In fact, the discussion and conclusion in research paper are two of the most important parts of your work. Here are just some of the reasons why the discussion part is very important (and why you should pay attention to how you write it):
- Your professor will be very attentive to the way you write this part of the research paper. This is why it is important to not be verbose and stick to the point. Make sure each important idea is discussed and remain objective.
- The discussion highlights the importance of your research. Interpreting your results correctly helps everyone reading your paper understand what you’ve accomplished.
- It’s important to write the best discussion section if you want to get a top grade. Your professor will award you bonus points in most cases if you manage to impress him with your discussion.
- This is your chance to make your research results shine. Take advantage of it!
Read a Good Discussion Section of a Research Paper Example
Now that you know why the discussion part is so important, it’s time to show you how to write the discussion section of a research paper. We know you don’t know how to start the discussion section of a research paper, so we’ll show you the fastest way to learn how to do it. Get a great discussion section of a research paper example. Yes, it’s that simple. Here are some of the benefits of getting your hands on an excellent example:
- You can look at how an expert academic writer writes this section and how he explains each important finding.
- You can quickly learn how to structure the section correctly.
- If you manage to get an original sample, you can even use parts of it in your own writing.
There are many ways to get your hands on a discussion section of a research paper example. There are plenty of them on the Internet, of course. However, most of them are poorly written, so they won’t be of much help. If you need a top notch sample (that is also 100% original), our ENL writers can create one for you in no time.
How to Write a Discussion Section of a Research Paper?
It’s time to show you how to write a discussion section of a research paper. This short guide should keep you on track, but keep in mind that more difficult research papers will still require a lot of work. Ready to learn how to write results and discussion in a research paper? Here is what you need to do:
- Begin by restating the problem or the thesis statement. Because the discussion is there to support your thesis, it’s important to remind your audience of it.
- Summarize the key findings. Pick just the important ones, so you don’t talk about irrelevant results.
- Interpret your findings. The next thing you need to do is interpret each one of your findings and put it into context. Explain everything so that your audience understands fully what the data means.
- (Optional) You could include some alternative explanations for your findings – if applicable. Your audience will be most interested to learn some unexpected new things – and so will your professor.
- Discuss the implications of your findings. Next, you should put your findings into context. Show your audience why your research is important. Make it clear how your data supports your thesis statement.
- Make recommendations. The final part of the discussion section is the recommendations part. Although not mandatory, this part is important. Make the relevant recommendations based on your findings.
Things to Avoid In A Discussion Section
Now that you’ve – hopefully – read an example of discussion in research paper and know how to write it step by step, it’s time to talk about things you should never do in the discussion section in a research paper. You must be aware of the things you should keep away from if you want to avoid getting penalized. Here are the most important things you should avoid in your research paper:
- Never introduce new results in the discussion section. Doing so will get you penalized – harshly.
- Avoid inflating your results. Be objective and don’t be afraid to point out flaws in you research or errors in the raw data.
- However, do not put an emphasis on talking about failures during the research phase. You shouldn’t talk too much about weaknesses. Just acknowledge them and move on.
- Never use any jargon. It doesn’t look professional and you will lose a lot of points if you do use it.
- Don’t forget that the discussion section of research paper is still a part of an academic work. You should cite and reference any ideas or content you use from other sources.
- Don’t repeat any of the ideas. Being repetitive is something you should avoid at all costs. We recommend you to edit and proofread the discussion section at least twice to make sure it doesn’t happen to you.
Also, it is important to understand that the discussion in a research paper needs to be organized in a logical manner. Start with the most important findings and discuss them first. Don’t jump from one idea to another without any kind of connection.
Need Some Help?
The discussion research paper writers need should be interesting as well. Don’t just plainly state the facts. Your writing should engage your audience. This doesn’t mean you need to make jokes, of course. However, you need to find a way to show the importance of your research without sounding like a robot. This is where our seasoned academic writers can help you. Did you know that we have written thousands of discussion sections for students all around the world? With more than 10 years of industry experience, our company is the number one choice for students looking to get a top grade on their next essay.
Rely on us to write the discussion part of research paper and get a bit of free time. You definitely deserve it. After all, more than 78% of all students are getting help from professional academic writers at least once every semester. It’s your turn to sit back and relax. Get in touch with our experts today!