Finance dissertation topics are on-demand in the 21st century. But why is this so? It may perplex you how everyone is up and down looking for interesting, quality finance topics. However, the answer is simple: because fascinating finance dissertation topics can earn students bonus points.
We will delve into that in just a second. Your finance topic dictates the difficulty of the assignment you are going to handle. Landing on the right topic means that you will not have to toil as much as when you pick a highly complex topic. Does it make sense?
Let’s explore the nitty-gritty of finance dissertation papers before we get into mentioning the top-rated finance research topics list.
What Is A Finance Dissertation?
As the name goes, finance dissertation is a kind of writing that investigates a particular finance topic selected by the student. The topics range from the stock market, banking, and risk management to healthcare finance topics.
This dissertation provides the student with a degree of academic self-confidence and personal satisfaction in the finance field. Finance writing requires extensive research to create a persuasive paper in the end.
Writing Tips For Finance Dissertations
Are you uncertain concerning what you need to do to compose a top-notch finance dissertation? Worry no more! Our professional writers have put together some essential suggestions to kick you off. In the next few minutes, you will be in a position to create a perfect finance dissertation painstakingly:
- Narrow down your topic: Trim down your finance topic to a specific niche. It should focus on one region; either micro-finance, macro-finance, or internet banking.
- Verify your facts: Finance is a field that includes a lot of statistical data to be followed logically. Therefore, verify facts and figures with reliable sources before opting to use them in your paper.
- Write concisely: Unlike other papers with long narrative tales, you should encapsulate a finance paper into a tight, concise paper. The rule of ‘short is sweet’ technically applies here at great length.
- Arrange your data neatly: A paper that is stuffed with numerals and charts all over may turn down a reader at first sight. For an impressive finance thesis, know-how and when to use your data.
- Write simply: Avoid jargon that may confuse an ordinary reader. Where a need is for technical terms to be used, illustrate them with relatable examples. Simplicity is gold in a finance dissertation. So, use it well.
With these tips and tricks, you are all set to start writing your finance paper. We now advance to another crucial part that will make sure your finance paper is refined and at per with your institution’s academic standards.
General Structure of a Finance Dissertation
It is crucial to consult your supervisor regarding your dissertation’s research methodology, structure, style, and reasonable length. Depending on the guidance of your supervisor, the structure may vary. Nonetheless, as a general guide, ensure the following sections are part and parcel of your dissertation:
- Introduction: State the problem that you intend to address in your dissertation. It also includes a definition of key terms, the relevance of the topic and a summary of hypotheses.
- Theoretical and empirical literature, hypotheses development and contribution: It provides the theoretical framework of your study. The hypotheses are based on the literature review.
- Data and methodology: State the model (i.e. dependent and key independent variables) that you want to use the drawing on theoretical framework or economic argument that you may employ for your analysis. Define all control variables and describe the data used to test the hypothesis.
- Empirical results: Describe the results and mention whether they are consistent with the hypotheses and relate them with the existing evidence in the literature. You will also describe the statistical and practical/economic significance of your findings.
- Summary and conclusion: Summarize your research and state the general conclusion with relevant implications.
It is important to have all the dataset you want to use readily available before finalizing the topic. The dataset is essential for testing your hypotheses.
There are thousands of research topics for finance students available all over the internet and academic books. You only have to browse and lookup for the latest research or refer to past readings or course lectures.
Even though this exercise may look simple enough on the surface, it takes a lot of time to consider what makes for interesting finance topics adequately. Not all ideas you find will achieve the academic requirements that your supervisor expects from you.
Here is a list of freshly mint topics to use for numerous finance situations:
Impressive Healthcare Finance Topics
Healthcare involves more than just treating patients and administering injections. There are finance aspects that also come into play, including:
- Strategies for marketplace achievement in turbulent times: Medical staff marketing
- Effects of the employer executive compensation and benefits plan after the Tax Reform Act of 1986
- Improving profitability through accelerating philanthropic giving to healthcare systems
- Acceleration and effective information strategies for cash management in hospitals
- Finding the system’s solution to health care cost accounting
- How hospitals spend money from charitable organizations and donor funding
- Models of enhancing cost accounting efforts by improving existing information sources
- Strategies of increasing cash flow with a patient accounting review
- A systematic review of productivity, cost accounting, and information systems
- A study of the cost accounting strategies under the prospective payment system
- How to manage bad debt and charity care accounts in hospitals
- Achieving more value from managed care efforts in healthcare systems
- Strategies of achieving economies of scale through shared ancillary and support services
- Profitable ways of financing the acquisition of a health care enterprise
- Effects of mergers and acquisitions on private hospitals
- Measuring nursing costs with patient acuity data in hospitals
- Affordable treatment and care for long-term and terminal diseases
- Survey of the organization and structure of a hospital’s administration concerning financing
- Impact of culture and globalization on healthcare financing
- Discuss the necessity for universal health coverage in the United States
Finance Management Project Topics
If you are a finance management enthusiast, this section will impress you the most:
- The impact of corrupt bank managers on its sustainability
- How banks finance small and medium-scale enterprises
- Loan granting and its recovery problems on commercial banks
- An evaluation of credit management in the banking industry
- The role of microfinance banks in the alleviation of poverty in the US
- Comparative evaluation strategies in mergers and acquisitions
- How to plan and invest in the insurance sector and tax planning
- Impact of shareholders on decision-making processes on banks
- How diversity in banks affects management and leadership practices
- Credit management techniques that work for small scale enterprises
- Appraisal on the impact of effective credit management on the profitability of commercial banks
- The impact of quantitative tools of monetary policy on the performance of deposit of commercial banks
- Financial management practices in the insurance industry and risk management
- The role of the capital market in economic development
- Problems facing financial institutions to the growth of small scale business in the USA
- Why training and development of human resources is a critical factor in bank operations
- The impact of universal banking financial system on the credibility
- Security threats to effective management in banks
- The effect of fiscal and monetary policy in controlling unemployment
- The effects of financial leverage on company performance
Topics in Mathematics With Applications in Finance
Mathematics and finance correlate in several ways in that they borrow concepts from each other. Here are some of the mathematics concepts that apply to finance paper topics:
- Linear algebra
- Probability theory
- Stochastic processes
- Regression analysis
- Value at risk models
- Time series analysis
- Volatility modelling
- Regularized pricing and risk models
- Time series analysis
- Commodity models
- Portfolio theory
- Factor modelling
- Stochastic differential equations
- Ross recovery theorem
- Option, price, and probability duality
- Black-Scholes formula, Risk-neutral valuation
- Introduction to counterparty credit risk
- HJM model for interest rates and credit
- Quanto credit hedging
- Calculus in finance and its application
International Finance Topics
International finance research topics deal with a range of monetary exchanges between two or more nations. Below is a list of international research topics in finance for you to browse through and pick a relevant one:
- A study of the most important concepts in international finance
- How internal auditing enhances good corporate governance practice in an organization
- Factors that affect the capital structure of Go Public manufacturing companies
- A financial engineering perspective on the causes of large price changes
- Corporate governance and board of directors responsibilities
- An exploratory study on the management of support services in international organizations
- An accounting perspective of the need for theorizing corporation
- Impact of coronavirus on international trade relations
- Is business ethics attainable in the global market arena
- How exchange rates affect international trading
- The role of currency derivatives in shaping the global market
- How to improve international capital structure
- How to forecast exchange rates
- Ways of measuring exposure to exchange rates fluctuations
- How to hedge exposure to exchange rates fluctuations globally
- How foreign direct investment puts individual countries at risk
- How to stabilize international capital markets
- A study of shadow banking in the global environment
- A comparative analysis of Western markets and African markets
- Exploring the monetary funding opportunities by the International Monetary Fund
Corporate Finance Research Topics
These 20 topics have the potential to help you write an amazing corporate finance paper, provided you have the will to work hard on your paper:
- Short- and long-term investment needs for working capital trends
- Identifying proper capital structure models for a company
- How capital structure and an organization’s funding of its operations relate
- Corporate finance decision making in unstable stock markets
- The effect of firm size on financial decision making incorporates
- Compare and contrast the different internationally recognized corporate financial reporting standards
- Evaluate the emerging concept integrated reporting in corporate finance
- Managing transparency in corporate financial decisions
- How technological connectivity has helped in integrated financial management
- How different investment models contribute to the success of a corporate
- The essence of valuation of cash flows in financial and non-financial corporates
- Identify the prevalent financial innovations in the USA
- Ways in which governance influences corporate financial activities
- Impact of taxes on dividend policies in developed nations
- How corporate strategies related to corporate finance
- Implications of the global economic crisis in the backdrop of corporate finance concepts
- How information technology impact corporate relations among companies
- Evaluate the effectiveness of corporate financing tools and techniques
- How do FDI strategies compare in Europe and Asia?
- The role of transparency and liquidity in alternative corporate investments
Finance Debate Topics
These finance debate topics are formulated in keeping with emerging financial issues globally:
- Is China’s economy on the verge of ousting that of the US?
- Does the dynamic nature of the global market affect the financial alienations of countries?
- Is Foreign Direct Investment in retail sector good for the US?
- Is it possible to maintain stable oil prices in the world?
- Are multinational corporations good for the global economy?
- Does the country of origin matter in selling a product?
- Are financial companies misusing ethics in marketing?
- Why should consumer always be king in marketing messages?
- Does commercialization serve in the best interest of the consumer?
- Why should companies bother having a mission statement?
- Why should hospitals receive tax subsidies and levies on drugs?
- Is television the best medium for advertisement?
- Is the guarantor principle security or a myth?
- Compare and contrast market trends in capitalism versus Marxism states
- Does the name of a business have an impact on its development record?
- Is it the responsibility of the government to finance small-scale business enterprises?
- Does budgeting truly serve its purpose in a company?
- Why should agricultural imports be banned?
- Is advertising a waste of company resources?
- Why privatization will lead to less corruption in companies
Finance Topics For Presentation
Is your group or individual finance presentation giving you sleepless nights just because you do not have a topic? Worry no more!
- The role of diplomatic ties in enhancing financial relations between countries
- Should banks use force when recovering loans from long-term defaulters?
- Why mortgages are becoming difficult to repay among the middle class
- Ways of improving the skilled workforce in developing
- How technology creates income disparities among social classes
- The role of rational thinking in making financial decisions
- How much capital is necessary for a start-up?
- Are investments in betting firms good for young people?
- How co-operatives are important in promoting communism in a society
- Why should countries stop receiving foreign aids and depend on themselves?
- Compare and contrast the performance of private sectors over public sectors
- How frequent should reforms be conducted in companies?
- How globalization affects nationalism
- Theories of financial development that is still applicable today
- Should business people head the finance ministry of countries?
- The impact of the transport sector on revenue and tax collection
- The impact of space exploration on the country’s economy
- How regional blocs are impacting developing nations
- Factors contributing to the growth of online scams
- What is the impact of trade unions in promoting businesses?
Finance Research Topics For MBA
Here is our best list of top-rated MBA financial topics to write about in 2022, which will generate more passion for a debate:
- Evaluate the effect of the Global crisis to use the line of credit in maintaining cash flow
- Discuss options for investment in the shipping industry in the US
- Financial risk management in the maritime industry: A case study of the blue economy
- Analyze the various financial risk indicators
- Financial laws that prevent volatility in the financial market
- How the global recession has impacted domestic banking industries
- Discuss IMF’s initiatives in tackling internal inefficiency of new projects
- How the WTO is essential in the global financial market
- The link between corporate and capital structures
- Why is it important to have an individual investment?
- How to handle credit crisis in financial marketing
- Financial planning for salaried employee and strategies for tax savings
- A study on Cost And Costing Models in Companies
- A critical study on investment patterns and preferences of retail investors
- Risk portfolio and perception management of equity investors
- Is there room for improvement in electronic payment systems?
- Risks and opportunities of investments versus savings
- Impact of investor awareness towards commodities in the market
- Is taxation a selling tool for life insurance
- Impact of earnings per share
Public Finance Topics
These interesting finance topics may augur well with university students majoring in public finance:
- Financial assistance for businesses and workers during Coronavirus lockdowns
- Debt sustainability in developing countries
- How we can use public money to leverage private funds
- Analyze the use of public funds in developed versus developing countries
- The reliability of sovereign credit ratings for investors in government securities
- Propose a method of analysis on the cost-benefit ratio of any government project
- The role of entities in charge of financial intermediation
- The reciprocity and impact of tariff barriers
- Impact of the exempted goods prices on the trade deficit
- Investor penalties and its impact in the form of taxes and penalties
- Public government projects that use private funds
- Ways of measuring the cost of sustainability
- Maintaining economic growth to avoid a strong recession
- The impact of the declining income and consumption rates
- Effects of quarantine and forced suspension of economic activity
- Innovative means of limiting the scale of pandemic development
- The growing scale of the public debt of the public finance system
- A critical analysis of the epidemiological safety instruments used in countries
- The growing debt crisis of the state finance system
- How to permanently improve and increase the scale of anti-crisis socio-economic policy planning
Business Finance Topics
You can address the following business finance research papers topics for your next assignment:
- How organizations are raising and managing funds
- Analyze the planning, analysis, and control operations and responsibilities of the financial manager
- Why business managers should take advantage of the federal stimulus package
- Economical ways of negotiating for lower monthly bills
- Evaluate the best retirement plans for entrepreneurs
- Tax reform changes needed to spearhead businesses to the next level
- How politicians can help small businesses make it to the top
- Setting up life insurance policies from which you can sidestep the banks and loan yourself money
- Why every business manager should know about profit and loss statements, revenue by customers and more.
- Advantages of creating multiple corporations to business entrepreneurs
- Why good liquidity is a vital weapon in the face of a crisis
- Reasons why many people are declaring bankruptcy during the coronavirus pandemic
- Why you should closely examine the numbers before making any financial decisions
- Benefits of corporations to small scale business ventures
- How to start a business without money at hand
- Strategies for improving your company’s online presence
- Discuss the challenge of debt versus equity for small-scale businesses
- The impact of financial decisions on the profitability and the risk of a firm’s operations
- Striking a balance between risk and profitability
- Why taking the ratio of current assets to current liabilities is important to any business
You can use any of the hot topics mentioned above for your finance dissertation paper or opt for our thesis writing services. We have competitive finance dissertation writing experts ready to tackle your paper to the core.
Try us today!